People drive slower, I wake up slower, and the time until Spring Break seems to move slower.
I was a few minutes late for school today because of te snow. Over a week after the big storm hit, the weather is still affecting everything. The after-school program I work at was cancelled today. It is ok, though, because it gives me three extra hours to catch up on my work. It seems that all the assignments and tests from last week were pushed to this week!
Although we just came off of a short break, I am already counting down until the next break. 10 more days!
Here are some fun activities if you’re looking to get out of the house in the next few days:
- “Mardi Gras: Made in China” Human Rights Film Festival film series: tonight at 7 p.m. in 105 College Hall
- Office of Residence Life Cultural Experience book club: Thursday at 12 noon in the Vickroy multipurpose room. Email Shaunna Stuck at email@example.com
- Tango lessons, Thursday at 10 p.m. in the Union Nitespot
- Phi Kappa Theta fish fry, Friday 11 a.m-2 p.m in the Union Concourse ($5)
- Get certified to teach Hip Hop at the Power Center: Saturday Feb. 20, 9-5 p.m. Email Lauren Muchko at LaurenMuchko@TurboKick.com
- Dukes men’s basketball game vs. Dayton, Sunday at 1 p.m. at the AJ Palumbo Center
No excuse for being bored!