There are about 4 weeks left of school and I’ve been thinking a lot about what I will miss about Duq. Here are my top 10.
10. Starbucks. Ok, I know there are about a million other Starbucks in the world, but Duquesne’s Starbucks is just so convenient and perfect for keeping me awake during night classes! Even when the line is literally out the door, you can always have your drink and be at your next class in a speedy 10 minutes.
9. The computers in the library. I’ll miss them so much I’m thinking about changing my laptop’s homepage to the Gumberg website. But seriously they are super convenient for checking the weather or e-mail quickly between classes.
8. The views. Whether it’s the city-view apartments in Brottier or the cityscape out the skywalk windows, the views from campus are priceless.
7. The constant bake sales in the Union. Buying a cookie that I really don’t need is easily justified when the money is going to Haiti or some sorority service project.
6. The eco-toilets in the Union. They make me feel like I’m being “green.”
5. Walking on campus. Seriously, where else in the world can you just walking right in front of cars?
4. The Power Center gym. It’s convenient, clean and free! (or should I say included in our tuition.) From now on, I’ll have to buy a gym membership and hope it’s as nice as the Power Center. Plus, it’s the only gym with such a nice view of Forbes Garage
3. This blog. It’s given me a space to write my thoughts, feelings, rants and advice. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it for the past two years!
2. The brownies with icing at Offramp. If you haven’t had one, go buy one right now.
1. The people. That includes my friends, professors, people I’ve worked in groups with and the nice people who check you out at Options. When I forget my Stats (I think I already have) and no longer recall my Multipass password off by heart, these are the people who I will remember!